I'll be very frank: I'm not a fantastic cook and that it because ever since I was young, my mom always cooked fantastic meals everynight... so I never really got the chance to learn!
Now my parents often away on week-ends and I end up eating frozen pre-made meals or left overs... but I got sick of eating those so I started to cook a bit, easy stuff!
Today, I had an interview for a job after school and once I got home after that, I went to sleep because I was dead tired. My mom had cooked something but I was more interested in sleeping then eating haha so I ended up waking up around midnight, and I was VERY hungry!
So one hour later, after opening the fridge and starring at it for a while many times, I decided to use this application I got on my iTouch called : All recipes.com.
It's a free application so I recommend you check it out if you have an iTouch or iPhone =)
I chose to cook Chicken and broccoli alfredo linguines (without the broccoli because I didn't have T_T)
and it was SOOOOOOOO yummy! Best meal I ever made, I would say it's up to my mom's standard!! =D
Here's the recipe, gotta share! haha
- 1/2 package linguine
- 1 cup of broccolis (if you have some, I replaced that my 1/8 of an onion, sliced)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Chicken breast (I had some Bbq chicken left so I used that, just don't put the skin in, it'll ruin the taste haha)
- 1 can of Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup (Fat free is even better!)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the fresher the better, but I just used the one we keep in the freezer. Parmesan is parmesan, bleh)
- Salt and pepper ( I never use pepper, if you know me, you know that I freak out if there is pepper in my meal since I dislike it so much!)
1) Cook linguine (follow the instructions on your package). If you have broccolis, they say you should add them in for the last 4 minutes. Drain once cooked.
2) Heat butter in skillet and cook chicken and onions (in my case) until browned. If you are using chicken that is already cooked (like left overs) don't over cook it!!
3) Add the soup, milk, cheese, pepper (for weird people who like that) and the linguines. Mix to make sure all pastas are evenly coated with the sauce~
Now ladies, let's cook something simple and yummy for our men~