Madeinblog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Montreal; I love you!

It’s so nice and hot lately, I love the weather!

My friend Katt came over yesterday and we made matcha cupcakes! I forgot to to take pictures and my family is already done eating them! Instead.. I took a few pictures while waiting for Katt at the bus stop~

^^ 

Today, I somehow woke up early and worked on my first cosplay project; Gypsy from Ragnarok Online. It is a well known fact that I’ve been in love with Dancers and Gypsies from RO for a long time and my friend Aya asked me to join a RO cosplay group for the upcoming Otakuthon~ I haven’t cosplayed in a while so I’m really happy! I spent the day shopping for materials and it was a lot of fun to walk downtown since it was so nice!

 100622_124657100622_145647
1. what I wore 2. Walking in the Village; they have those roses everywhere!

Since it was announced that HIMEKA will be performing at Otakuthon… I’m considering adding Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles to my line-up… but I’ll start by finishing my Gypsy costume first.

rogypsy_2This is a Gypsy^^

The thing about cosplay is… you have to adapt the costume to real life. The is no way a top like the above would hold up an entire day plus… it’s a bit too revealing! So I decided to use a lace bra, spray paint it gold and add beading details on it. I was inspired to do so by another cosplayer =) I’ve worked in the beading for 6 hours today and this is what it looks likes so far!

100623_010046 

The picture is horrible… my cellphone camera can’t handle the gold so it really looks bleh here but irl, it’s really shiny. Since I took the picture, I added more red beads to the left. I should be done with the beading tomorow and hopefully the whole top will be finish as well! I’m really excited about this costume, so far, it’s coming out so nicely!

4 comments:

  1. Oh too bad you didn't get a photo of the matcha cupcakes, they sound super yummy!

    I wonder how a top like that could really work in real life, it doesn't look like fabric, I guess tape would hold it up. Your idea is great and it's looking lovely so far. I could never do all that bead work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I can't imagine wearing a glued on top during a convention... I'm scared I would pull a Janet Jackson move T_T

    The beading was really hard at first but it's quite easy now! I did most of it while watching tv~ It's almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that costume is going to look fantastic!! I absolutely adore the beading details :D I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll post an update soon about that costume~ I'm quite proud of the beading !! At first, I was a bit worried of wearing such a revealing costume but by adding so much details like the beading, I can't wait to wear it since it's really not going to be about my body but mostly about the costume and the details like that ^^ haha

    ReplyDelete