Madeinblog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black Review

It’s been a while since I reviewed a cosmetic product. I’ve been quite a good student lately so I decided that I deserved a little present from me to me with all my love so I got Dolly Wink’s Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black!

First of all, the packaging is extremely cute. As for the size of the eyeliner; it is a little bit smaller and thinner compared to Revlon’s Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen.

IMG_0126

IMG_0132

The brush is 9mm long and very thin at the tip. At first, I thought it was a felt brush but looking closely at it, I realised that it is actually made of fibers. Knowing this eyeliner already has great reviews, I decided to put it right to the test!

1 2

3 4

  1. I tested how easy it was to and the ability to make thin lines – check!
  2. I have a problem with eyeliners smudging and cracking throughout the day, even with a good primer so I rubbed the eyeliner very hard (harder then anyone would ever rub their eyes!) and tugged on my skin, trying to make the eyeliner crack but nothing happened. The colour seems a little bit less intense but the area around it is still clean.
  3. Waterproof uh? Alright, I placed my hand under cold water and rubbed the eyeliner with a finger for a good 15 seconds and, again, it didn’t budge!
  4. I’m a very lazy person: I shower before removing my make-up then clean what’s waterproof with make up remover later. A few seconds under warm water and barely any rubbing is all it took to clean this liner!

Lancôme Artliner in Noir VS Dolly Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black

I love it. Love love love love love it! I use Lancôme's Artliner and I’ve never been completely satisfied with it but at its price, you convince yourself that you are! Artliner is very pigmented but the tip of the brush is round and makes it tricky at times to wing your eyeliner as it is too flexible. Also, the formula is not as smudge-proof as I would like it do be. In comparison, Dolly Wink’s tip is a lot easier to control, not too hard, not too flexible. The formula is smudge proof, dries quickly and easy to remove (no make-up remover required!)

In my opinion, Dolly Wink is a much better eyeliner than Lancôme's and at a fraction of the cost including shipping cost. However, I wish it was also offered in brown! Koji, please tell us you have a brown one coming up ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment