Madeinblog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Adventures in Connecticut

IMG_3291He didn’t like this picture, so blurred his face, hihi

Last week I decided to take a few days off from work and visit my good friend B oppa ( long time readers will remember our past adventures shenanigans ) in Connecticut. I didn’t go there for tourism, I really needed to take a break from everything and relax so we spent a lot of time resting, hanging out with friends and eating good food.

B has recently discovered his love for fishing so we decided to go Deep Sea fishing in Groton (can my French friends stop a moment here and admire how hilarious that town’s name is??) . I used to go fishing with my father as a kid but I was quite nervous since everyone on the boat seemed to really know what they were doing… plus I was the only girl on board and I felt like I was invading a secret men society or something. The word got around on the boat that I was from Canada so a lot of fishermen were very helpful to me. :)

After a while, I got the hang of it and finally caught something!! I was so exited but my left hand is still quite painful so I wasn’t strong enough to reel it up so I switched rods with B so he could reel it up for me. As he was reeling my fish, his rod caught something too! So technically, I caught 2 fishes!

After those two catches, my arm was quite painful so I didn’t spend much time fishing afterwards. I was quite happy with catching 2 blue bass but B had really set his mind on catching a stripped bass so that we could eat it as sashimi, and after a few hours, he finally caught one!

IMG_3293 IMG_3294
Letting the pro handle the dead fish… I don’t really like the chopping/blood part

In total, he caught together 8 fishes! B gave most of them to a friend who owns a Japanaese restaurant but he kept the stripper for dinner. He sliced it up and prepared more yummy food, invited a few friends and we had a delicious feast!

IMG_3307
This sashimi can’t get any fresher!

Now, I really want to go fishing again… as soon as my hand is better, I’ll be reeling fishies out of the sea like a pro too!

IMG_3319

4 comments:

  1. omg that sashimi looks amazing O.O though I'm slightly creeped out because I can still see the outline of the fish lol. That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred darling you guys look so cute on the last pic <3


    -> Fresly fished fish must have been awesome >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha we do look good on this pic! On était du pour une pic ensemble haha la dernière date de genre 2009?

    and omg the fish was YUMMY

    ReplyDelete