Madeinblog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

GlossyBox June Overview

GlossyBox, GlossyBox, what did you send me this month? Oh a lot of fabulous ( and full size!!! ) products! In total, 7 products, most of which, I'm really excited about!

Bioré 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser (full size) and nose strips (sample size)
When I attended the GlossyBox event last month, I received the Bioré combination skin balancing cleanser and I love it! So I'm really excited to try the 4-in-1 cleanser since it is a foam and claims to clean surface dirt, oil and make-up. Nose strips are a classic when it comes to skin care so you can never have enough of those!

Venus Embrace Razor (full size)
Considering how expensive razors can be, I'm really happy that this was included in this month's box... Just one razor is how much a monthly GlossyBox cost so that's a really good deal!

Wella Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray (full size)
I'm really curious about this hairspray: beach hair is always trendy and this might just be exactly what you need to achieve that look.

Covergirl Blastflipstick Blendable Lip Duo in Mix (full size)
I'm a little but confused by this product: I'm not a fan of lip products, even less of lipsticks. I like the idea of a duo... But the color is really weird to me: a old school gold and a dark brown. Wait what? It sounds like something you might see on a runway but surely not on a 5"8, pink haired, extremely pale girl on the street. So I'm not quite sure what I'll do with this product... Maybe use it as a cream eyeshadow?

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen FPS 55 (sample size)
This is my favorite sunscreen and I'm quite happy to receive a sample size: the size is so convenient that you can leave it in your purse for days when you rush out of the house and forget to apply sunscreen. Not a discovery for me but a very useful sample!

Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex
I'm a skin care junky, I will admit it. When I was in Korea, I stocked up on a lot of products and samples and as I'm running low on those, I'm curious to try this one. Not sure on how I will be able to judge its' effectiveness, considering I'm still in my early twenties, but hey, it's still something nice to try.

***

Overall, this is a good box. I've read a few reviews from other bloggers that were unhappy about the delivery time of their boxes this month but considering there were two national holidays (June 24th and July 1st) I find the delivery time reasonable. PostCanada is known for being very slow before and after holidays and as unfortunate as it is, it's not something GlossyBox can do something about.

I appreciated the theme of the box; it clearly shouted "summer time" when I opened it. Less luxury products this month but a lot of full size products, bringing the value of this month's box to a whooping 61.04$ worth of products (source) ! The covergirl is the odd product of the box but I love everything else!

GlossyBox Canada is 15$ per month, if you would like to subscribe, click here :D

4 comments:

  1. I got the cleanser for combination skin in my box, I have another foam cleanser by another brand that I use when I clean my face in the shower. Hot shower = open pores = better cleansing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I've been thinking about trying it out for a month :D 

    And what a smart idea, about the lip duo! I wouldn't never though about using it as a cream eyeshadow! :o 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it'll work as a cream shadow... otherwise it's a pretty useless product to me XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! I never thought of using foam cleansers in the shower: usually I like to exfoliate in the shower!

    ReplyDelete