Madeinblog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I HAVE A LICENCE!!!!

11234

We have analyzed the report(s) of medical examination that you have submitted or medical information concerning your driver’s licence.

According to the information on your file, your medical condition allows you to keep your current driver’s licence [without conditions].

I actually received my learners a few weeks ago but I wanted to wait for my medical papers to process to celebrate (because my neurologist’s secretary is so damn inconpetent, she didn’t even know where she had mailed the papers…) . I know it may look silly for a lot of you but being epileptic, this is a HUGE deal for me. I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 17 and it put a stop to a lot of things, and one of them was learning how to drive. It really sucked at the time, everyone was learning how to drive and I couldn’t. My younger brother got his licence before me too… ouch…

Obviously, epilepsy cannot be cured, it’s something you live with (at least for me) for the rest of your life, you have to learn how to deal with it and being able to finally receive this means a lot to me. It’s like someone is telling me that it’s ok and that I’m doing good and that I’m healthier.

So yeah, super happy right now :) I feel like a normal person and it’s awesome~

(totally had to shooped my face tho, what’s up with SAAQ cameras giving fat faces to everyone wtf…)

16 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's so super exciting! \\^__^//

    P.S. The picture is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe it is!


    lol I photoshopped the picture, the original is kinda bad... oops XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I tried putting off learning to drive as long as possible - I find it to be a rather stressful thing to do (I get annoyed easily by other drivers).
    I know you photoshopped the picture, but it is a good pic (I'm sure the original is far better than my own).

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! =] I wonder when I'll start making my driver licence

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom always says to do it ASAP even if you're not going to be driving because it helps show insurance you're good haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great achievement :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations! I can only imagine how happy pyu must feel now :) Reading your blog I never would have thought you had epilepsy, but then again, I don't know much about it to begin with. May I ask - how about the people around you, your friends etc. Do they know about it? I was just curious, I hope you don't mind me asking.
    I wish you the best of luck with all you want to achieve! I read the addition to your FAQ and I can imagine you will do well! ^___^
    (btw, if you think yours is bad, you should see my photo.... it's 5 years old, my hair looks like shit and that front-angle doesn't really suit me either. I look like a teen-aged mass murderer on my driving license :'D I'm so glad I never actually had to show it to a police officer XD)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is a big achievement :D
    Most of my friends and coworkers know about it, I talk about it casually because I don't want to make a huge deal out of it. Also, I try to talk about it a lot because I want to break some of the stereotypes people associate with epilepsy and stop people from saying offensive things without knowing (like epilepsy is the "bacon dance") and all ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!
    I wonder what influence epilepsy has had on your life - it would be very interesting & educating to read about your experiences with that. I hope you are not having epilepsy attacks, stay strong and be healthy!
    Actually I also have to take epilepsy medicine, but for other reasons (no epilepsy), so I imagine in some way I`m in it with You. ^^`

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm considering doing a blog about that actually, since a lot of people have questions :) I think it could be interesting! As for my health, I've been seizure free for over a year now and I'm taking care of myself to make sure I don't have a seizure. Do your meds make you drowsy? Mine do haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow, that's exciting!
    I would also like to read about the influence epilepsy has had on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm consdering doing a post about that! Do you have any specific questions? That would help me :)

    ReplyDelete