Madeinblog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Skincare

no make-up, no photoshop, no color-correction

I get told a lot that I have really great skin and I'm always asked "what's your secret?" and honestly... there isn't one. I really don't do much to my skin: most of the time I leave it alone but here are a few things that I use and do anyway to keep my skin healthy and nice :)



BIORÉ

I really, really like Bioré. I was given some products at the GlossyBox event and haven't stopped using them since. The Deep Cleansing Porte Strips are a classic that pretty much everyone uses but Bioré also has really great cleansers! I used to love Saint-Ives for clearing up my complexion but the recent changes in their formulas hasn't been satisfying for me. I really really like Bioré's Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser to exfoliate my skin and get rid of blackheads. Highly recommend it! I use these products in alternance during the week, usually whenever I'm taking a shower. I use the Pore Strips occasionally, whenever I have stubborn blackheads.



MAKE-UP REMOVING & ETCs

I mentionned before that I pretty much wash my face only once a day: I don't think that using a lot of products on my skin on a daily basis is a good thing so I try to keep it minimal and it's been working great for me. I do however make sure that I remove my make-up properly every night. My favourite make-up remover is from Marcelle, either in pads or in liquids. I also like Ponds towelettes for lazy nights haha. I apply one moisturizer at night, Nivea Light Regenerating Night Care. When my skin is dry, sometimes I will use a moisturizer in the morning, Aveeno Fresh Essentials Nourishing Moisturizer SPF 30. Evian Facial Spray is amazing during the summer... or when you have a crazy fever!



SHEET MASKS

It's not a secret that I really really really really really love sheet masks! I try to use them at least once or twice a week, depending on how my skin feels; I tend to use them more during the winter since my skin faces a lot of temperature changes in one day. My Beauty Diary, Skinfood, Etude House are some of the brands I order online and use frequently!




There you have it, I hope it was helpful for someone! I remember when I was young, I had blemishes, my skin was irritated and no matter what I did, it just looked bad. And no one really teaches you when you're a teenager how to care for your skin properly... that shit need to be taught in schools, seriously! I realize now that all I really needed to do was to stop desperately trying to fix it with a billion products... that was just irritating my skin and making everything worse! Sometimes, you just need to leave your skin the eff alone. It's very tempting with gurus and bloggers reviewing products here and there to always try new products but keep in mind that trying on too many products in a short period of time can take a toll on your skin too! If whatever you're doing right now works, no need to change it, right? :)


5 comments:

  1. Agreed. If something works, why change it? But have you ever had that annoying thing where it used to work and then suddenly stops working? >.< My skin used to love Nivea (my wallet did too), but after a few weeks, my skin started getting irated by it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the advice :D

    http://samispoon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to LOVE St-Ives, but the recent formula change is so disappointing :( I use the nose strips on occasion, only when I really can't get rid of my blackheads and they help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I've been reading your blog for almost 5 months now, and been loving it ever since I stumbled across your instagram! :) I'm so happy that I found a Canadian blogger! (as I am a Canadian hehe)

    Anyways, I saw a few of your pictures that you have quite a bit of redness around your cheeks and nose. I have exactly the same thing as you, and I found out from my dermatologist that it was actually rosecea...:( just wanted to tell you that if you want to help get rid of the redness and even enlarged capillaries, you could try a product called La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR intense serum! It definitely helped reduced the redness around my nose! And I've been getting less flare ups during the winter time!

    Sorry for the lengthily post. But I just thought that you might want to try it out! Cause it definitely helped my skin! Hope you might like it as well! :)

    Keep up the excellent blog posts!

    :D

    ReplyDelete