Madeinblog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Otakuthon 2013 Recap


Otakuthon is over but is it really? No convention is really over without a con recap!

On Thursday, when I was done with the last bits of sewing and glueing, I picked up my badge with an old friend, Chris, also known as Hentai_God (7 years later, I still can't get over his cosplay name...hahaha). We had met at the first Otakuthon and been friends since but had lost contact in recent years so it was nice to see each other again!

Friday, I left home early with my Panty cosplay and my Janna staff so I could leave it with friends downtown. Finally, Cha and I headed to the convention as Panty and Stocking from PS&G! Before shooting with Michaëlle Charette, I was able to hang out with friends and to shop around a bit. I bought the most AMAZING Alpaca plushie ever! I had promised myself that it would be my only purchase at Otakuthon and it pretty was~ Finally, we wrapped up the night with a shoot our sweetheart Ray Lum after which, Cha and I pretty much both went home :)

On Saturday, I got up early and got ready in my friend's hotel room. It was a bit chaotic; apparently, it was the room to get ready in! I was out quickly since I had a photoshoot in my Janna cosplay with Fotofong in the morning. I then joined the League of Legends meet-up where I met the hung out with DeltaRee, Ashe, Kitsurie and many many more! I couldn' stay long since I had another shoot with White Specs Photography followed by a shoot with Belziir Photography.

When I got back to the convention, I was exhausted and hungry to I met with GebGeb, Genkimami and CelticSakura and we went for dinner in Chinatown and had a lot of fun! I got home at around 1h30am that night! No party for me~

Finally, on Sunday I headed to the Saint-Joseph Oratory in my Chi cosplay with CosZStudio to get some footage for a cosplay video he is making. Then I headed to the convention where I hung out with friends again. I met Vickybunnyangel and Trickylove for lunch and we were later joined by Mike of EleventhPhotograph. My final photoshoot of the week-end was with Michaëlle Charette. Just before the dealers' room was closing, I was able to buy all the art I wanted (because really... that all I'm interested in buying at conventions most of the time...) at a fraction of the cost.

Note to self: buy art when the dealers and artist alley is closing :D

Overall, I would say that I had the best Otakuthon. I was extremely busy and I barely used my pass since I was so busy with photoshoots and making new friends! Usually, after a convention most people experience a "con depression"... to be honest, I'm experiencing a convention bliss right now. Otakuthon was just so smooth and I can't wait for next year~







5 comments:

  1. That alpaca is precious!!!!! And your cosplays are so good! I love the Panty one~ Hahaha, I learned too to buy things at the end of the conventions to get good discounts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was waiting for this post haha! You look so cute in all the pictures and I think your cosplay of Jenna is done really well. And I love alpaca"s *o*


    http://whenblossomsbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been attending conventions for what... 7 years now? I never thought of that before hahaha

    my friends are probably sick of the alpaca (named Panty btw!). All I do is send them snapchats of me and my alpaca in our daily activies. I'm considering starting a new blog just for those pictures... mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! :D this is just a hall shot, in a few weeks I should receive some shots of the 6 photoshoots I did... boy it was a busy but fun week-end! Feels like I'm name dropping but I just don't want to forget anyone hahaha I had such an amazing time <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally found the place! Searching up and down and crossing through pride parades! XD
    Mike

    ReplyDelete