Madeinblog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Janna Janna Janna!



Hi everyone! Now that I'm all settled down in my dorm room, I have a bit of time to do a complete write up about Janna! You guys have watched and seen the progression of my most ambitious cosplay so far so I feel like I should talk about it, right?

The idea of Janna came to me right after Anime North, where I cosplayed Miss Fortune. MF was fun but things went wrong there and I didn't want to cosplay MF again. Also, when I started playing league, I started with being an ADC but I changed to support because... I wasn't really good at being an ADC haha! My mains in league are Sona, Lulu and Nami but I have always been in love with Janna so I started playing her a bit more and I settled on cosplaying Janna.

I'm not a big fan on the North American art; I find that there isn't enough fabric on the bottom half. The Chinese version however is absolutely stunning! It's so dreamy! I knew that I had to make that version of Janna (also, why can't the 3D model be like the Chinese Art?? haha)

The first thing I did was order worbla and watch videos of Kamui cosplay, over and over and over and over again. Now that I think about it, It was very silly of me but the first thing I made out of worbla was a freaking breastplate! So if you look closely at my breastplate there are a lot of kinks... but I like it. Cosplay is a learning process after all. In the end I'm happy with my breastplate and I can say I know how to make breastplate out of worbla. hehe


I made the rest of the armor pieces in worbla as well and compared to the breastplate; these were much easier to make. Something that people don't tell you about worbla is that when you overheat it, it bubbles and you can't get rid of those. I learned that by trial and error so I was much more careful.

I then painted the rest and fixed the armor with velcro straps bands that attach to metal rings (again, a great tip learned from Kamui)

The staff was rushed and done in 3 days. I had made a previous version but it was too big and out of proportions so I scrapped it. The core is made out of expanding foam that I sculpted, covered in tape and papier maché and painted. The globes are demi acrylic spheres that I painted from the inside.

The skirt/train was a bit inspired from Britthebadger's Janna cosplay. Instead of having only one layer, I also made mine with 2 layers of sheer white voile, the inside the demi circle shorte with the lace trim and the exterior one much longer with the a gold bias tape that I painted with the same gold paint I had used for the armor (I couldn't tolerate that they weren't the same shade of gold!)



For the wig, I used a Luthien wig from Arda wigs that I straightened. I wanted it to be a bit wavy so while it was still hot from the straightening irong, I braided it and stored it. I chose to wore Janna's hair down but not let it get messy during the convention; Janna is the Storm's Fury so she's not supposed to have nice, untangled hair! The ears are from Aradani Studio!



Finally, for shoes, I hoped for comfortably 4.5 inches platform nude heels I've had for a while since I knew I would be walking a lot.

Here are some cosplays videos where my Janna is featured in! :D If you'd like to see more pictures, check out my FB page or my Deviantart. I'm starting to receive picture from photographers, so I'll be uploading them in the upcoming weeks!

Photographers: Belziir Photography & White Specs Photography



1 comment:

  1. You make me so badly wish I had someone to do cosplay with! No one I know likes anime or manga like me or would want to go to these events! >.< You looked so amazing! Good job!

    ReplyDelete